Friday, June 19

1am insomnia

Not sure why I'm still up. It's most likely my pit of a room.. the mess is messing up my sleep patterns. Probably.
I am listening to french accordian music. My hand smells like metal. And I really feel like painting my nails, and drinking G&Ts. I could go into the kitchen and make myself one, but unfortunately I drank all of Mam's gin a while back.
Once upon a time, there was a girl..
She lived in a room. Attached to a house. But the room was all her own. It was an amazing, creative, crazy room, with posters all over the walls, a piano, and a giant wardrobe that led to Narnia.
One night, she was restless and nostalgic, and so, decided on a midnight walk. She put on her coat, her black shiny gumboots, unlocked her door, and walked outside, into the starlit night. There was a slight breeze, that lifted her hair from her forehead, and gently brushed it round her neck. She shivered a little in the cool night air, but was determined to continue on her adventure, so she walked through the dewy grass, and into the parklands that were just outside her house. As soon as she walked into this green world, the background noise dropped to a dull hum, and she couldn't hear the late night city cars, or buses, and all the streetlights had suddenly dimmed to a soft orange glow. There was a small copse of trees that she would often sit in, to escape the hustle and bustle of her life, but rarely transported her so fully, in the daytime, to the peaceful world she knew that she would find there now, in the cool of night. She stepped through, into a world of magic..



Off to dreamworld. Hopefully I'll dream something lovely, like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...